NOTE TO PROPOSER
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED YOUR PROPOSAL
|THE STATE PROPERTY OFFICE
4055 ADMINISTRATON BUILDING
116 WEST JONES STREET
1321 MAIL SERVICE CENTER
RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA 27699-1321
PHONE: (919) 733-4346
BY 4:00 P.M. _________________________, 2000
PROPOSAL FOR: _______________________________________
ENVELOPE MUST BE MARKED:
(A) “LEASE PROPOSAL ENCLOSED”
(B) CUT-OFF DATE FOR RECEIVING PROPOSALS, AND
(C) NAME OF STATE AGENCY INVOLVED
NOTE: FAXED LEASE PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
AS THERE WILL BE NO NEGOTIATION OF THE PROPOSED PRICE PER SQUARE FOOT RENTAL RATE, IT IS REQUIRED THAT EACH PROPOSER PRESENT THE BEST POSSIBLE PER SQUARE FOOT PRICE. ANNUAL PER SQUARE FOOT RENTAL RATES WHICH INCLUDE INDETERMINABLE PERCENTAGE INCREASE(S), SUCH AS UNCAPPED CONSUMER PRICE INDEX CASES, ETC., ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE DURING EITHER THE INITIAL TERM OR RENEWAL PERIOD.
THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA ENCOURAGES THE SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS COVERING “GREEN BUILDINGS”. COMPONENTS SUCH AS SITE, ENCLOSURES, INFRASTRUCTURE, CONTENTS AND MATERIALS IN “GREEN BUILDING” RESULT IN REDUCED COSTS IN OPERATION, ENERGY, MAINTENANCE AND INSURANCE AS WELL AS COULD IMPROVE EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION AND PRODUCTIVITY.
PURSUANT TO ARTICLE 3 AND 3C, CHAPTER 143 OF THE NORTH CAROLINA GENERAL STATUTES AND EXECUTIVE ORDER N. 150, THE STATE INVITES AND ENCOURAGES PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROCUREMENT BY HISTORICALLY UNDERTILIZED BUSINESSES (HUBS) CONSISTING OF MINORITY, WOMEN AND DISABLED BUSINESS FIRMS THAT ARE AT LEAST FIFTY-ONE PERCENT OWNED AND OPERATED BY INDIVIDUAL(S) OF THE AFOREMENTIONED CATEGORIES. ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS CATEGORY ARE DISABLED BUSINESS ENTERPRISES AND NON-PROFIT WORK CENTERS FOR THE BLIND AND SEVERELY DISABLED.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR SPACE TO BE LEASED TO THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA
DEPARTMENT OF ____________________________________
- Approximate net usable square feet required are
NOTE: Net usable space is a term meaning the area to be leased for occupancy by State personnel and/or equipment. To determine net usable space:
- Compute the inside area of the space by measuring from the normal inside finish of exterior walls or the roomsize finish of fixed corridor and shaft walls, or the center of tenant separating partitions.
- Deduct from the inside area the following:
- Toilets and lounges*
- Entrance and elevator lobbies*
- Elevators and escalator shafts
- building equipment service areas
- stacks and shafts
- other space not usable for State purposes
*Deduct if space is not for exclusive use by the State. State Property may make adjustments for areas deemed excessive for State use.
- Space must be one floor – space may be on contiguous floors.
- All offers shall be submitted in such a manner that the annual per square foot rental rate for each type of space offered, i.e. office, warehouse, and special purpose, can be properly identified. See Form PO-28 (6A, B., C.)
- Cut-off date for receiving proposals: 4:00 p.m., _____________________, 2000.
- SPECIAL NOTE: As there will be no negotiation of the proposed price per square foot, it is required that each proposer present the best possible per square foot price for both the initial term and any renewal periods.
- CLOSING OF NEGOTIATIONS: Following the selection of the successful proposal and its placement on the Council of State Agenda by the State Property Office, there will be no further negotiations with those who presented proposals which were not selected for the agenda.
- OTHER: The following TWO clauses must be incorporated into the Lease Document:
Availability of Funds Clause – The parties to this lease agree and understand that the continuation of this Lease Agreement for the term period set forth herein, or any extension or renewal thereof, is dependent upon and subject to the appropriation, allocation or availability of funds for this purpose to the agency of the Lessee responsible for payment of said rental. The parties of this lease also agree that in the event the agency of the Lessee or that body responsible for the appropriation of said funds, in its sole discretion, determines in view of its total local office operations that available funding for the payment of rents is insufficient to continue the operation of its local office on the premise leased herein, it may choose to terminate the lease agreement set forth herein by giving Lessor written notice of said termination, and the lease agreement shall terminate immediately without any further liability to Lessee.
All premises, including fixtures and appurtenances, provided under this lease shall function before, during and after the date change of January 1, 2000 at the same level for which the premises were originally leased without additional cost to the Lessee. This includes, but is not limited to, the functioning of mechanical or electrical systems, heating, venting and air conditioning (“HVAC”) systems, power supply, water supply, fire control, security, and facility use components such as elevators, timer automated doors, and signage.
- ARRANGEMENT OF SPACE:
- The following number of offices is desired containing the following approximate square feet. The Lessor shall provide at his expense all necessary partitions, doors, etc. to make the space acceptable for State use. Lessor should include a to scale floor plan with the Proposal to Lease form (PO-28) showing proposed layout. If new construction is proposed by lessor general specifications including elevations should be submitted with the Proposal to Lease Form (PO-28) and a to scale floor plan should be provided.
SEE PAGE 8 OF 8
Other: Adequate and convenient toilet facilities are to be provided including tissue holders, towel dispensers, coat hooks, mirrors and trash cans. Must be handicapped accessible. Must be in compliance with North Carolina State Building Code, Volume 1-C and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- THE DATE AND POSSESSION AND LEASE TERM:
- Possession of space required by ________________________ or as soon thereafter as possible.
- The initial term of the lease will be for _______ years with renewal option(s) desired.
- ELECTRICAL, TELEPHONE, MAIN SERVICE OUTLETS:
- Duplex electrical outlets are required.
ELECTRICAL, TELEPHONE, MAIN SERVICE OUTLETS (CONTINUED):
All private offices shall have 3-120 volt duplex, electrical outlets minimum. All file, conference, storage, etc. rooms all have a minimum of 3 duplex outlets. One duplex outlet for every 50 linear feet of halls and corridors is required for open area. Electrical service shall support a minimum of three (3) duplex outlets per workstation in open office areas utilizing partial-height moveable partitions. This service, to be provided by Lessor shall be one (1) separate electrical 20-amp branch circuit for every eight (8) duplex outlets from either overhead or under floor distribution to a junction box. Lessee’s contractor will make necessary connections to junction boxes. All storage and file rooms shall have one duplex 120 volt outlet for each 50 square feet, unless otherwise noted. In open areas where partial height partitions are not provided, power poles are required to provide three (3) duplex outlets per person.
- ______ telephone outlets are required.
______ voice/computer data outlets.
- The Lessor will furnish conduit necessary for all computer and telephone wiring.
- Other: Adequate telephone and computer conduits are required to accommodate interconnecting computers throughout the space.
- ______ clientele parking spaces are to be included in the per square foot rental charge.
- ______ employee parking spaces are desired if supplied at no extra charge to the State.
- ______ secure parking spaces for state vehicles are to be included in the per square foot rental charge.
- All parking areas must be adequately lighted and located within a reasonable distance as determined by the State.
- Other: Although parking is considered in evaluation of proposals, inability to provide parking as described in A and B above should not preclude the lessors from submitting proposals unless stated in D, however, adequate parking must be located within a reasonable distance as determined by the State.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- All space to comply with local and State building, safety, and zoning codes, specifically including OSHA, provisions for the handicapped, and applicable sections of the State Building Code, Volumes I through V. Non-compliance shall be grounds for lease termination at the discretion of the lessee. Space must comply with Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 United States Code, Section 12101 et seq.).
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (CONTINUED):
- FLOOR, WALL AND WINDOW COVERINGS:
- Vinyl tile or other floor covering acceptable to the State in all finished areas. Prefer carpeting for acoustical benefits.
- Wall surfaces shall be painted sheetrock, masonry, flame-retardant paneling or other similar finish.
- Sufficient window coverings shall be provided to control glare within the space. (Venetian blinds or acceptable equivalent.)
- Space must have acceptable acoustical treatment
- If floors are carpeted, they should be 28oz. Nylon glue-down type to accommodate wheelchair travel.
- HEATING, AIR-CONDITIONING AND VENTILATION:
- It is required that heating and air conditioning facilities be sufficient to maintain inside temperature in the range from a low of 68° during the heating season and a high of 80° at all other times. State policy to dictate utilization.
- Air conditioning and heating system to be maintained by lessor including frequent filter cleaning and replacement.
- Sufficient year-round ventilation must be provided to prevent stale air problems and unacceptable CO2 content.
- The above is modified or deleted as follows:
- DRINKING FOUNTAINS:
- It is required that all employees have access to chilled water fountain. MUST BE HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE.
- Adequate lighting facilities are required in all areas. In office facilities, lighting requirements are no less than 60 foot candles at desk level. State policy to dictate utilization.
- All lighting and electrical maintenance to be furnished by lessor including providing replacement bulbs.
- The above paragraph is modified or deleted as follows:
- UTILITIES, JANITORIAL SERVICES AND ELEVATORS:
- It is desired that the following services be furnished and included in the per square foot cost to the satisfaction of the State.
- All utilities, except telephone.
- Daily janitorial and cleaning services and supplies including lightbulb replacement. Please be specific as to what is included in janitorial services, number of times per week, or provide a cleaning schedule.
- Maintenance of building and grounds including lawn.
- Elevator service, if applicable.
- Alternate proposals that do not provide utilities and/or janitorial services will be considered. (There must be an acceptable method of determining the State’s share of costs.)
- ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Lessor to provide required fire extinguishers and servicing, pest control, and outside trash disposal including provision for the handling of recyclable items such as aluminum cans, cardboard and paper. (To be included in lease agreement with State.)
- Lessor to provided lighted exit signs.
- Lessor to provide external sign that will provide easy identification of the office by the general public.
- Kitchenette area requires hot and cold running water, sink, a minimum of six (6) lineal feet of base and top cabinets and adequate electrical circuitry to accommodate a microwave oven, coffee maker and refrigerator.
Prior to entering into a lease with the successful proposer the space or building plans are subject to inspection by the Department of Insurance. Listed below are some of the more important deficiencies that will be addressed by the Department of Insurance review.
- IMPROPER EXITS OR EXIT ACCESS
- Lack of adequate number of exits to outside, or exit stairs from upper floors.
- Improper fire-related enclosure of exit stairs. This includes lack of B-label stairway doors, proper closers, an/or UL listed latching hardware.
- Exit and stair doors which swing in the wrong direction, or which have locks that prevent rapid free egress in emergency.
- PARTITIONS OR INTERIOR CONSTRUCTION NON-COMPLYING WITH CODE
- Use of combustible partitions or paneling in buildings required to be of non-combustible construction.
- Improper enclosure of oil or gas fired boiler/furnace rooms.
- No safety glass or wired glass where required by Code.
- Lack of one-hour fire rated tenant separation.
- FIRE PROTECTION AND EMERGENCY EQUIPMENT
- Building lacks sprinklers OR automatic fire detection system with alarms transmitted off-premises. NOTE: this may not be a Code requirement but is highly desirable. Because the State is self-insured, it gives preference to sprinkled facilities.
- Not enough fire extinguishers of proper type and placement, or the extinguishers are not being inspected and tested in accordance with NFPA-10.
- Inadequate or inoperative lighted EXIT signs, or signs indicating direction to exits.
- Lack of emergency egress lighting, especially in stairways.
- Non-compliance with handicapped accessibility requirements of NC Code Volume I-C or the Americans with Disabilities Act (Federal Law).
- Insufficient number of toilet fixtures.
DEPARTMENT OF ______________________________________
APPROXIMATE SPACE REQUIREMENTS
FULL HEIGHT PARTITIONED AREAS:
|FULL HEIGHT PARTITIONED AREAS|