Authority: Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources
History: First Issued: May 3, 2011. Last Revised: May 1, 2014.
UNC Policy Manual 300.5.1 – Political Activities of Employees
UNC GA SHRA Performance Appraisal Policy
NCSU POL04.20.06 – Interpersonal Relationships among Faculty, Staff and Students
NCSU POL05.35.01 – Mediation Policy and Procedure
NCSU POL08.00.01 – Computer Use Policy
NCSU REG01.25.15 – Compensatory Time for FLSA Exempt Employees
NCSU REG05.00.01 – New Employee Orientation
NCSU REG05.00.02 – Reasonable Accommodations in Employment
NCSU REG05.45.01 – Direct Deposit of Pay
NCSU REG05.50.04 – SHRA Employee Performance Appraisal Program
NCSU REG05.55.01 – Affirmative Action Policy Statement
NCSU REG05.65.01 – Reduction in Force (SHRA)
NCSU REG05.70.01 – SHRA Successive Discipline
Contact Info: Director, Employment Services (919-515-4277)
- Unless otherwise exempted from coverage under the State Human Resources Act, staff positions at the University are governed by human resources policies issued through the Office of State Human Resources (OSHR) and the University of North Carolina General Administration (UNC-GA).
- North Carolina State University (NC State) may also issue, and has issued, additional institutional human resources policies, regulations, and rules that apply to employees who are covered by the State Human Resources Act (SHRA). Such campus policies, regulations, and rules, which may be adopted and amended by the University from time to time are intended to comply with changes to state and federal law or as may be required by UNC-GA.
- OSHR’s Human Resources Manual contains policies that apply to positions covered the SHRA. OSHR’s policies are presented in fourteen major sections, with a table of contents and searchable index as follows:
Sec 1: Equal Opportunity
Sec 2: Workforce Planning, Recruitment and Selection
Sec 3: Employment and Records
Sec 4: Salary Administration
Sec 5: Leave
Sec 6: Employee Benefits and Awards
Sec 7: Discipline (see UNC-GA for Grievance Policy)
Sec 8: Workplace Environment and Health
Sec 9: Training
Sec 10: Performance Management
Sec 11: Separation
Sec 12: Classification
Sec 13: State Human Resources System
Sec 14: Statutory Provisions
INDEX Manual Index
- The grievance policy for NC State employees who are subject to the SHRA is the UNC-GA SHRA Employee Grievance Policy. This policy exists to allow for prompt, fair and orderly resolution of disputes arising out of employment.
- NC State’s Human Resources (HR) website, including its A-Z index, provides information on many topics covered by the OSHR policy manual. The HR website makes every effort to accurately reflect current state human resources policies, although information may be presented in summary or interpretive form. To the extent that there may be any conflict between information on HR’s website and an actual policy or regulation, the policy or regulation shall govern.